Friday, June 7, 2013

A normal day

Yesterday seemed normal enough, so at Maggie's request I'll talk about it!

I started the day at 7:30 getting up and having some breakfast with the family. Then I went out to the sheds to feed the lambs. There are 2 pens in the new shed that I feed hay to and give water to. In the big shed there are 2 big pens, a smaller pen of "escaping lambs", a small pen of bottle fed lambs and another pen with a few ewes. I give everyone in there hay as well, and sometimes feed the bottle lambs if Karin is busy.

After that I went on to painting their picket fence white! It was a warm day but luckily I was partially in the shade for most of the painting that day. We stopped for a lunch break, then I got back at it!

In the early afternoon we went to Hamra to check out a community garage sale-out of peoples' trunks in a parking lot! What a great idea! I bought a bracelet and Karin bought some housewares and children's books.

Then I got back at the painting! (Usually my day isn't consumed by a single activity-for example today I did some gardening and cleaned the windows. They have this awesome vacuum thing so that there are no streaks, it was great!)

At about 4 I went out and fed hay to all of the lambs again. 

It was Sweden's National Day yesterday and all we did to celebrate was put up the flag and the cake that Emma baked had blue and yellow icing on it! I must admit I enjoy Canada Day a bit more ;). 

Annika and Bo (Markus's parents) had just built a special area to play Boule (I'd never heard of it before-- there's a small ball and you have to try to throw your big ball and get closest to the small one! We were in teams of three). So they had a party to celebrate! Our family and Markus's sister's family and some neighbours were there. We played the game for a while then went and had a dinner of pork and potatoes and quiche and salad! For dessert we had Emma's cake.

We came home around 8:30 (some of the others stayed to play the game some more). I read and got caught up with some friends via facebook, and went to bed around 10!

Other activities I have done this week: visited a neighbour and had a great chat over some tea, and made and cooked about 5 pounds worth of meatballs!

On the agenda for next week: planting the vegetables in their greenhouse garden, painting their newly renovated mudroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment