Sunday, September 8, 2013

The final hurrah

Well, I had intended on doing a few more posts but after I got back from my vacation the time really slipped away on me!

Some highlights from my last month in Sweden:

Attending a Swedish wedding
Getting burnt like a lobster from several days in a row on the beach
Finishing all of the Millenium series books (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy)
Getting spoiled during my last week

Overall, my AgriVenture experience was a great one! I was able to learn a ton about farming while also exploring another country. I met some amazing people as well, which I think also greatly impacted my experience.

I miss my children (Stina, Karl and Hilda) and cannot believe that the next time I go back that little baby may be partly grown up and will not remember me... So sad :(.

And I miss those darn sheep! I had no idea I would come home and miss them so much. I am dying to be a sheep farmer now and am forcing myself not to buy any sheep until I am out of university (for simplicity's sake). Seriously if there is a type of farming you are interested in but don't know much about, this is a great way to change that!

Now, I did have a bit of reverse culture shock (other than the horrendous jet-lag). It was the most amazing thing to be able to eavesdrop, and to be able to understand the radio and public signs! Even sometimes still I almost slip a "tack" instead of a "thank you". 

People always ask me if I will go back, and I say with confidence: yes. Gotland was the most beautiful island, and when I go back I want to be able to share my summer with someone else in real life so they can experience the beauty as well. So, if you are curious about all the fuss, contact me and we can plan a trip there in 5 or 10 years! ;) And of course I would like to go back so that I can visit all of the friends I made there! I look forward to the day I can have a full conversation with the kids I stayed with.

A sentimental little ending to the final post: It's never goodbye, it's simply I will see you again. TACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment